Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Avis and the Law of Attraction

I'm back in Florida on another family vacation. And the law of attraction has followed me across the Atlantic.

I'd booked a car with Avis and asked if I could get a Jeep. The guy on the other end of the phone said he couldn't guarantee it but he'd do his best. I simply stated an intention for a Jeep or something better.

When I turned up to pick up the car I was told I was getting a Ford Explorer. Half-an-hour later the Explorer still hadn't turned up. The guy behind the desk apologised and upgraded the car to a Dodge Durango.

I hadn't a clue what this was but when it turned up I was stunned. It's huge. Althought I hadn't got a Jeep as I'd intended I'd definately attracted 'something better.'

I'll see you on the back roads...

Colin

No comments: