Monday, October 16, 2006

Life Lessons in New England - Part One

After a few hectic weeks on the road with my day job, I reckoned it was time for a family vacation - and where better than New England in the Fall.

We arrived at Logan International on Saturday, picked up the hire car, and headed into the night in search of our hotel.

But first we had to get out of Boston.

For more than a decade, Boston's been at the center of the largest highway project in America - the Big Dig. We'd visited Boston back in '97 and the Big Dig was underway. Now it's 2006 and it's still going on.

We snaked through the city following yellow diversion signs. As we drove, it occured to me that many of us have our own 'big digs' - projects that seemed a good idea at the time but have dragged on unfinished for years.

Maybe it's the boat you've been building in the basement. Maybe it's the half-written novel lying discarded in your desk drawer. Whatever it is, it's sapping your energy.

Isn't it time you made a decision? Either finish it or forget it.

I'll see you on the back roads...

Colin

1 comment:

Bernie Perry said...

Maybe it's the half-written novel lying discarded in your desk drawer.

Hi Colin,

Actually it's the 80% written e-book resting too long on my hard drive!

I'll be at Unseminar4 seeking advice on getting it done. I look forward to meeting you there.